Wallpaper Artwork

Last week Shannon at What's Up Whimsy posted this picture from designer Summer Thornton and I was instantly hooked. Read the full post and see all the pictures here.


For awhile now I've been admiring extra large wallpaper artwork over the sofa and started a collection of inspirational photo's. I've been thinking of this for my living room as a way to add a touch of drama and colour, we also have high ceilings so I think it would be great. Although, I'm considering tweaking it some - how about using a stencil instead of wallpaper? I'm undecided.

Finally, here's the round up of inspirational photo's I've collected for this DIY art project (not planned for anytime in the near future but I'm excited about it!) First up, the photo that started the idea...

House & Home November 2009



PCM Project & Construction Management ~ builder of Princess Margaret Lottery Homes



Comments

It's been one of the projects on my to-do list too...I'll get around to it one of these days!
Balancing Lisa said…
I really love this idea! Simple and looks great!

http://lisafergus.blogspot.com/
DesignTies said…
Love all your inspiration pictures :-) Framing a piece of awesome wallpaper is a great way to create art for your walls, and you don't have to commit to papering a whole room :-)

Kelly
Elise Lowerison said…
These wallpaper pieces of artwork are wonderful. I came across your post this afternoon while browsing interior design blogs and the topic of window treatment selection was very interesting to me. Are there certain window treatments that would go well with this kind of artwork? It is true that you must dress your windows appropriately to bring out their true beauty. Thank you for writing and as a special thanks to you and your readers, I would like to offer a 20% off coupon using this code upon checkout: BLG20.

Popular Posts